Over the last few months, H2M has supported many of our clients in developing phased approaches, design improvements, and environmental plans to ensure the safety of their employees and building occupants. As schools are planning to re-open this September amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and well-being of the students, teachers, administrative staff, facility personnel, and entire community are at the forefront of our minds. We understand that returning to school can be daunting – for students, parents, and school personnel – and H2M has experts on staff to help our school systems during this transition.
By now, your school system has already publicly posted re-opening plans in accordance with the New York State Education Department that address in-person vs. remote instruction, social distancing, communication plans, training programs, health and safety programs, all in accordance with CDC and the New York State Department of Health guidelines. However, will that be enough to convince parents and teachers that it is safe to return to school? We think H2M architects + engineers can provide another level of assurance that your school facilities are clean, disinfected, and safe as they can be with our “Clean Schools” program.
Our COVID-19 response team of certified industrial hygienists, registered architects, professional engineers, and environmental scientists can assist you with the following COVID-19 environmental-related services:
- Prepare updated Health, Safety, and Emergency Response Plans
- Preparation an review of worker and visitor daily health report surveys
- Consultation with in-house health and safety committee regarding protocols, procedures, and documentation
- Review and provide recommendations on PPE utilizations
- Preemptively develop cleaning and disinfection plans, in addition to site specific disinfection plans for both routine cleaning and response plans for reports of positive cases
- Review of cleaning products, equipment, and procedures
- Provide on-site observation and documentation of disinfection and cleaning activities
- Conduct surface sampling after disinfection has been performed to confirm the adequacy of cleaning practices. We recommend this to be performed on a routine basis and for emergency response disinfection case
For more information, please contact:
Kevin Taylor, P.E., P.G.
Environmental Department Manager
866.970.6535 | email@example.com